We began in 2006 as the Greater Portland Construction Partnership (GPCP), a nonprofit organization with a mission of transforming workplace cultures to achieve incident-free construction projects. In 2013, GPCP became the SafeBuild Alliance, and we remain true to our roots and dedicated to achieving incident-free workplaces.
Today, SafeBuild Alliance members represent all sectors of the construction industry including general contractors, subcontractors, owners, public and private entities, design professionals, architects, engineers, construction affiliated organizations and companies, building and construction trade associations, industry vendors and insurers.
A dedicated Board of Directors plans and coordinates the activities of SafeBuild to provide members the following services:
- Education and Training
- Networking with others working toward same goals
- Industry benefits from strength in numbers
- United voice in matters affecting the industry
- Recognized affiliation with companies who demonstrate commitment to transforming workplace cultures to achieve incident-free construction projects
- Prequalification/Assessment/Certification Program
Participation in SafeBuild provides members with many unique opportunities to:
- Learn and share best practices to reduce hazards and risks.
- Collaborate on industry issues in an environment where common interests are understood.
- Network with other organizations that are committed to high levels of performance, particularly related to eliminating injuries and incidents.
Click here to join the SafeBuild Alliance today!