SafeBuild Alliance Mentoring Program for Certified Contractors
SafeBuild Alliance Mentoring Program is for Contractors and MWESB Certified Contractors. The Program is a collaborative relationship of learning and sharing. Contractors with a mature safety program will be partnered with Certified Contractors to help move the construction industry closer to “Zero Incidents”.
A construction industry with zero injuries
Provide financial support for innovation and education that enhances safety in the construction industry.
Mentoring activities include:
- Kickoff event
- One on one mentoring sessions
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour Classes
- Completion Event
Expectations of Mentees
- Attend and participate in the kickoff event
- Meet with your mentor for one on one meetings to identify areas of improvement for your safety program. (Others from your company may participate in mentor meeting if it is mutually agreed upon by mentor and mentee.
- Report out at the Mentees meeting to share successes and challenges.
- Complete the OSHA 10 and/or OSHA 30 classes (available for up to 2 people per company)
- Complete action items identified in the one on one meetings
- Attend SafeBuild Alliance informational meetings
Expectations of Mentors
- Attend and introduce the key personnel at the kickoff event
- Provide one on one mentoring meetings with your mentee that are a blend of technical and culture related information.
- Provide guidance and direction to facilitate improvement in areas identified in your one on one meetings.
- Sharing of best practices
- Cultural Safety
Engage in discussions with the mentee about:
- Communication around safety within their firm
- Safety goals and visions and how they are communicated
- How leaders demonstrate a commitment to safety
- Actions that are taken to embrace the idea that accidents are preventable
- Getting every employee to champion safety.
- Sharing of best practices.
- Report out at the Mentors meeting to share successes and challenges.
- Report monthly progress.